Saturday, February 26, 2005

I'm heated!

This is the first article that I've seen about our event and it's on the AP wire! It doesn't even mention that Kevin Powell was there and it grossly misrepresents what went down. I'm still too close to the event to do a play by play but know that this is not an accurate representation. The media can't even get the story right, when we are telling them how it's something they never seem to be able to do. I mean does this even appear balanced?

1 comment:

ndileka said...

Moya, I definately agree that the article was horrible. It is again showing black women in a bad light. As people who were attacking poor men who were just doing their job. I cannot believe that it came out that way. Kevin did say a lot of great things that were not even mentioned, and in all honesty it feels like how ever they can get away from the real point and the real problem they are doing it. Very disapointing.