Last night was the spike film forum in King's Chapel. Our little clique of progressives sat together and gave Dr. Guy-Sheftall a hero's welcome as she took the stage. She was so blunt and so direct, both critiquing and praising spike as she deemed appropriate. I love it when people regulate (shout out to jalylah the other great regulator I know) especially when it's Dr. guy-sheftall checking someone's faulty gender analysis. We had a more intimate discussion in the women's center following and it was great to hear my fellow FMLA sisters hold it down and reflect their truths about the protest and how we thought about it. It was also interesting to see how professors responded to celebrity; I'll leave that alone. The most important thing to me was seeing the FMLA in action. We are so serious and I really feel like we can set this world right again!
1 comment:
You here is a link explaining the O-Dub Jean Grae beef or Gimme Lean since I'm pretty sure both of they mommas are safe in the streets.
http://www.o-dub.com/editorial/
Yeah I saw some pics of the event at work yesterday. Sounds dope...you got to give me the low down on faculty celeb worship. You know I'm the eternal gossip.
Ok back to the grin. gotta finish this article by 3 pm no seriously ; )
Jalylah "not at the black masculinities conference at CUNY today 'cause I got ten jobs" Burrell
Post a Comment