His name is Jordan Carlos and he's a D list celebrity (aren't you D list for just being on tv?) who is often on VH1, quipping about the pop culture of the week or growing up rich and black. It was the latter that made me swoon, or rather google him, find his blog where I then swooned at his tales of being a bougie (please someone tell me how to properly spell this!) black boy.
As much as I subcribe to anti-imperialist socialistic ideals, I can't deny my own privleged black girl background. And I do attend Spelman College, the BAP (Think JAP, not WWII though) capital of the free world.
I wish there were boys like him at Morehouse. Instead there are boys who were like him who pretend to be hard when they come to school. You know your from hyde park and not cabrini green! To be fair there probably are a few like him across the street but I never see them. They could be using his fail safe tips to pick up white girls at emory and agnes scott. Oh! To be young, gifted, black and female!
No comments:
Post a Comment