Sunday, January 30, 2005

I got nothin' but love for ya'

So I went to spikes School Daze party and a combination of factors (the postponement, the time change, the fact that it's a Sunday night, the weather) all contributed to a poor turn out. I feel bad, especially since I left early. We did get free autographed copies of spike DVD's. Much to my chagrin I got She Hate Me. He's going to be on a panel with Dr. Guy-Sheftall on Tuesday and as much as I wanted to put him on blast with an expertly crafted question, I've gotten to know him and he's nice. He 's genuine and loves Spelman and Morehouse in the way that only a legacy can love them.

I've been getting lots of blog feedback and it's been very encouraging to hear from people I wouldn't expect to be listening. Maybe the blog will be a tool not just for indy media but for social change as well.

1 comment:

MB said...

update: the party was a success! Spike got on the mic and was saying a lot of stuff he was extra hype and the party was a success!