Sunday, May 28, 2006

God has a twisted sense of humor

I'm not one for prayer but occasionally, I talk to the universe. Sometimes I say what I'm working on or some things I am hopeful for and 9 times out of 10 there's a response. And it's usually exactly what I said I wanted. It reminds me a lot of tv plot lines where someone gets a hold of a magic lamp and they wish for things and they get a very literal translation of what they asked for that isn't quite what they imagined. That happens to me only there's no lamp and I can't undo it once it's been done, not that I necessarily want it undone either. it's funny though in that same way. after a fleeting thought of "why is this happening to me?!" i remember "oh yeah I asked for this" and I find myself laughing too.

3 comments:

a black girl said...

oh the bitter irony of life...

wild cowgirl said...

...story of my life. for a while i was feeling like the universe and i were in conversation wayyyyy too much....

amyherring said...

hey, where'd you go?
(i miss you so)


HAHAHAHAHAHA