so i had my departmental orientation today which was cool. very cool actually. my department is the bomb. According to one of the professors, BGS was bigging me up at some conference in ny. I swear if i was a little older . . .
I'm taking a race & feminism class along with a topics and methods class. Verdict's still out on class three but I'm leaning toward this medical anthro class that is dead on in terms of my area of interest and potentially requires less political navigation.
I can walk to school and I kind of feel like I did walking to the library from leverett all the way back in elementary school. It's a nice time to think and it's far enough to feel like exercise.
The vma's were horrible. JB gave a good recap and i'm totally feeling her on her new found simpson hatred. I'll add my two cents:
Diddy can't dance
How are you gonna introduce krumping and not say anyone's name but LaChapelle?
Beyonce and 'em looked so tacky
Rock and Rap, that's it?
how did gideo get a job? How does chuck norris still have one?
and R. Kelly, are you f*cking serious?!
I don't think we should watch this anymore. I'm serious! Celeb worship is out of hand and i am not going to participate anymore (well i'm going to try not too).
Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go upstairs and see if alison will let me get in on her indoor bowling tournament.
8 comments:
Ah Moya always keeping me up on the pop culture madness... damn even when I get a TV I'm not in touch. This is just sad.
i cosign it all 'cept i think that beyonce and the other two were lookin' flawless. although i am distinctly not a fan, i cannot justify unfounded hateration. i think the ladies were looking great!
i have to disagree L, those looked like high school home ec finals to me. They need to let a real designer make their clothes now. THat's why J didn't want to sit with her
aww...sad times. i loved the sparklerama glitter extravaganza that she had going on there. and who can get enough of blond/red/black weaves! i know it sounds like i'm being trite, but i'm quite serious (no, not delirious)!
my other hotties from the vmas:
alicia keys
kanye (except for the 'i'ma chipmunk' look in the face)
sharkira (yummy for my tummy!)
ciara's dress (yowzas! i want that in my closet...or out of the closet, but whatever)
jessica simpson's dress (that be it about her)
erykah badu's dress, india's skirt, jill scott's makeup and hair doooo, esthero's performance, ani's acceptance speech, troop's flashback appearance...oops, wrong show...that's the one playing in my head...
muah!
high skool home ec finals?
funniest shit i've heard all day.
(of course, it is only 10 o'clock, and i've yet to leave my apt.)
didn't see the vma's and you know what? i'm totally okay with that.
"i cannot justify unfounded hateration."
I can.
"THat's why J didn't want to sit with her"
Chuuuch!
(i'm sticking my tongue out at you. da two of youze)
:p
Post a Comment