1. BGS said she'd be on my committee!!!!!! 1 down 2 to go.
2. I was jammin' yesterday to some Robin S on my way to Spelman. I was bumpin' it hella hard but I turned it down when I got in the west end. I felt self-conscious about my early 90's dance classic. Oh quirky black girl get your life right.
3. TCB is over!!! Word on the street is this is the best one yet! I'm gonna take a bow on that b/c I gave the conference 110%. but that 110% came at a price. I wasn't "there" for the conference. I had checked out emotionally and somewhat mentally too. hopefully I have learned my lesson.
3 1/2. I worked really hard on the conference CD for opening night trying to find music by women that was danceable, and not about some man, or if it was, it had some agency in it. this was surprizingly really difficult! the majority of songs by the women we love are breakup and love songs, and very few are danceable, let alone give the women any kind of agency in the situation. please, let me know if i am wrong on this but i had a hard time.
4. the weather is beautiful and all i want to do now is play.
5. I have SO much work to do.
6. I'm creating a production company called Quirky Black Girl Productions
7. I love ya'll!
5 comments:
ambitiouswoman you are. I like that. You should found a college as well. hehehe
Is the conference at emory gonna be just as fly?
i have now attended (what?) 5 of 6 TCB conferences, and i think this one was so awesome. i also know it didn't just happen on its own, so from the depths of my appreciation i wield the greatest thanks that i can muster. to you - to all of you. always love.
bzzzz
don't fret. the hood was mos definitely bumpin robin s. back in the day.
yep yep 'bout the qbg production co. hopefully it will enable all black girls to feel comfortable exploring and revealing the fullness of their humanity and learn them qbb to appreciate them in all their vanglorious splendor.
word up. hey.
i like to second who ever said that this was the best toni cade ever
yoyoyo. this was magnificenterous! and while i don't claim to be a quirky black girl, i definitely support your endeavors and would love to support you however you need. get at me girl!!
(please wipe the smirk from your face if you think i am a quiry black girl in denial. thanks.)
Post a Comment