Monday, February 27, 2006

More on Audre

My mom said that i had to do really well in graduate school so I can be a formative scholar/activist "like Audre Lorde."

I don't think I quite know how to process that coming from my mom. I haven' to like really revel in what that means because it hasn't quite registered yet. That's huge!!

Cuba Goodhair is gone. I miss her already. Who's going to teach me about Islam, without solicitation? Who's gonna tell me about meeting a Panamanian Jew married to a Pakistani suffi? Who's gonna clean my house?!

hmm i think that's all for now.

4 comments:

amyherring said...

where did delaine go?

summer of sam said...

you'll do fine in grad skool, and become an even better mb.

sm.

Phoenix said...

please keep in mind that most brilliant scholar~activists don't have a phd or ma. and even if they do, most of them aren't using their degrees for their activism. the truth about activism is in the activism. and you're that honey. keep on doin' what you do. don't worry about other people's ideas about your achievements. you've got everything you need to succeed.

teresa said...

isn't it funny when parents drop names or phrases that we took for granted they even knew? or when they say something stirring to us?... "Cuba Goodhair"?! oh, how i love it! and the funniest thing is,she would have one of these stories damn near everyday and still be surprised. like, "you'll never believe whoi met today!" yes, d, i will believe you because that's who you attrack - duh!
seeyousoon, homie
xo.